Saturday 24 March 2012

the hunger games!



So, this is my left and right hand together and yes, I did only just figure out how to get this to happen. This design is in honor of my pal Michaela. We're going to see The Hunger Games tonight and she suggested I do a design for them so here it it. I'm pretty happy with the way my left hand went more than my right in all honesty. Not to blow my own trumpet, but I love how the glitter drips worked out on the black varnish. And the mockingjay took forever to do (try drawing upside down with a leaky nail pen and you'll know my pain). I stuck with the whole 'girl on fire' thing for my right hand, which is why the nails are bronze with a bronze glitter over the top. It's not too clear on the photos either, but the thumb nail of my right hand says 'The Capitol'.


I used:
Sephora Nail Lacquer in Chic and Rebel
Essie in Cocktail Bling
Accessorize nail polish in Molten Copper
Sephora Nail Lacquer in Not That Shy
Sephora gold nail art pen
Nail star black and red pens
Claire's accessories gold glitter
Natural Collection Nail Polish in Sunset (I got this years ago so I'm not sure if it's still in production, but any bronze shade will work fine)

No comments:

Post a Comment